Braidwood-Canberra-Brindabella up to Goulburn NSW Gold Maps & GPS Points
Early alluvial gold mining took place on the Molonglo River in the vicinity of Queanbeyanand upstream. The discovery of some small auriferous quartz reefs wasworked to shallow depths in the 1890’s around Hall and Ginninderra. Alluvial goldwas also won from the Goodradigbee River to the west. Gold returns however, indicatethat sluicing operations carried out in the 1880’s and between 1913 and 1915on alluvial ground at Brindabella were not particularly successful. Some fossickingoperations were reported in this vicinity in the 1920’s. To the east of the A.C.T.,some small gold mines operated in the past at Sutton, Bywong and Michelago. Tothe north of Captain’s Flat, alluvial gold mining took place at Gooda Creek, ParishJeir, County Murray, from 1896 to 1897; Dairy Creek (11 km SE of Gundarooand Brook’s Creek (Shingle Creek), both of which are in the Parish of Purrorumba.